Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lobsters and puffins and whales, oh my!

Sorry my posting hasn't been up to par this week. I've been busy with my day job and trying to figure out how to pack the entire contents of my house so that it will fit neatly into a very small car carrier for our annual family to trip to Maine.

Ahh... Maine. Home of the 24 hour LL Bean, a place where the streets are cleaner, the smell of sweet salt water permeates the air, the lobsters are cheap and the whoopie pies are to die for. Most days I get up and run my fingers through my hair, throw it into a pony tail, slather on sunscreen, curl my lashes--eschewing mascara--and dab a little rosebud salve on my lips before I head out the door. I get back to nature. I kayak every morning and take a long mountain or ocean cliff hike, (depending on where we are at the time), in the afternoon.

Of course, I can't leave the product junkie side of me behind for too long...and since I'm liable to be jonesin' for a fix 3-4 days into our trip, I'm bringing along some natural/organic products to experiment with. Because I hate to smell of Eau de DEET, I'm bringing Anti Bug Badger Balm, Buzz Away Spray, and pretty much the whole "Original" Skin So Soft line, to see if I can come up with a concoction to ward of the vicious deer flies and gigantic mosquitoes without the smell and side effects of all those nasty chemicals. I'm also bringing my fav Korres Watermelon Sunscreen Face Cream, and Kiss My Face Sun Spray, and will most definitely be on the hunt for homemade bath and cosmetic products at local farmers markets...oh and I've decided to try out a crystal deodorant, but not to worry, should it fail I will be bringing along my trusty Degree Clinical backup.

So my lovelies, I will be signing off for about a week. I'm hoping to have some great adventures to share with you when I return!

No comments: