Monday, July 21, 2008

Tried: Too Faced Lash Injection Mascara

The claim: "This revolutionary formula is packed with elastic 3D-polymers that coat the entire lash and stretch past its natural end, creating a dramatic volumizing and lengthening effect".

My official reaction after two weeks of testing: Ehh....

The product definitely created volume and lengthened my lashes. But with dramatic effect? Not so much. It wasn't what I'd call super lengthening or super volumizing, and took more than a couple of coats to get to the desired effect. I would say that with the mascara my lashes looked like my natural lashes with just a tad of enhancement. It gave me a kind of soft, fluttery, look. Which don't get me wrong, is a great look-- a soft, pretty, look-- but I wasn't going for soft. I want look-at-me lashes, va-va-voom lashes. I want to bat a lash and have men come to their knees...okay, that might be going a bit too far, but you get the point; this mascara didn't quite deliver in that area.

So it's back to my quest for the mascara that will create the most perfect natural but dramatic lashes. I've heard some really good things about Blinc's Kiss Me mascara and one of the bubbly sales girls at Sephora told me that she and the rest of the gals at the Columbia store swear by Fresh's Supernova, so those will be next on my list to try, but for now it's back to my old faithful, BADgal Blue.

5 comments:

Jamila said...

The brush on this mascara was big and scary to me! lol. I do like Blinc's though. Can't wait for the review!

B said...

Seee, I felt the same way too. I mean it was okay but not POW!!! I'm usually looking for amaziiiiing lashes so it takes a lot to impress me. Boooo. Onwards we go to to test another mascara. It's great to meet another junkie!

Confessions of a Makeup Whore and Product Junkie said...

Jamila-You want scary???? Check out the brush on Lorac's Visual Effects mascara--it looks like a tapered brush on line, but when you get it in your hands it's a triangle of combs--it was intimidating to use to say the least.

Confessions of a Makeup Whore and Product Junkie said...

Thanks for stopping by b!
I think I'm onto Fresh's Supernova next...what will you be testing?

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I like Too Faced products alot but their mascara is pretty run ofthe mill in regards to other's I've tried. I just started a beauty/style blog and would love for you to check it out!!! Any new readers would be greatly appreciated!!

www.alittlemorebeautiful.blogspot.com