Monday, July 7, 2008

A new quest for fab lashes


After my close gal pal's wedding this weekend, I'm re-thinking where lashes/mascara fall in my list of priorities. It used to be that I obsessed on clear dewy skin and immaculate brows, thinking that if these two things were in place I could survive with little or no makeup. I'm now adding mascara and false lashes in that line up. J's fabulous makeup artist not only used a couple of great mascaras by Trish McEvoy, but also put individual lashes on us gals of the bridal party, and the results were amazing. J's lashes (pictured above) were definitely dramatic by everyday standards, but for an evening, black-tie, wedding they were simply perfect. The lashes on all of us just gave our eyes a little more pop...made us all look just a little more glamorous, and I truly understood just how much the right mascara and some extra lash could take anyone from pretty to Va-Va-Voom.
My new quest is two fold:

1.) Find the absolute best mascara for me. One that lengthens (sans scary, spidery, clumping effect) and adds volume.

2.) If it takes me till my death bed I will perfect the art of adding individual and bands of lashes with out gluing my own eye lashes together or putting the lashes on crooked.
Wish me luck!

No comments: