Monday, June 16, 2008

Monday evenings just got exciting again

I don't know about you, but I'm super psyched for the return of Weeds and the premier of Secret Diary of a Call Girl. Ahhh...adult content shows, (that are actually worth watching)...I can hardly wait for Nancy Botwin and Belle to rescue me from my preschooler appropriate programming hell. And hello, who else has an emerging girl crush on Billie Piper?

On a side note: I'm soooo loving the pinup inspired publicity photos. They're vintage, fun and kitchy without being tacky, as well as, sexy and really make a woman look like, well, a woman. This style of photography has really taken off in my area. More and more women are booking shoots with local pinup photographers and it's not uncommon for a group of girlfriends to book a shoot together. Over a year or two ago, my gal pal M and I booked a spring shoot with Bombs Over Betty Photography, and the February before that, another girlfriend of ours booked a Valentine themed shoot with BOB. It's actually kind of liberating. You walk in with your insecurities and bad body concept and end up leaving feeling totally sexy and confident, if only for the next few hours, (hey--10 minutes of feeling that way is worth it). With the hair, makeup, vintage corsets and stockings, the camaraderie of women of all shapes and sizes, and a photographer that is totally into you, it's easy to forget, or not care, that you're walking around half naked, as my friend M had to remind me during our shoot that was on location, outside, in a neighborhood near a major intersection--Ooops, my bad! If you're in the Baltimore Metro area, or hell even PA or VA--it's worth the drive--check out Bombs Over Betty or Atomic Cheesecake...it will be a fabulously good time!

1 comment:

Meghan said...

That was a wonderful experience. I've wanted to go to Atomic for a looong time!