Thursday, June 26, 2008

Mmm... the sweet smell of feet


I'm not sure what happened in the creation of me, but somehow I got stuck with the stinky, sweaty, feet gene. To say the least it's a pretty unsexy trait to have, (I would say "as woman", but it's pretty damn unsexy for a man too). The summer, of course, is when it's at its worst. Sometimes, with the sweat, even wearing flip-flops can be a disaster--the bottoms of my feet have sweat so much that I have slid off my Havaianas and twisted an ankle and scraped up a hip. Now, I know there are some alternative therapies out there for this, but at this point in time injecting Botulism into my soles kind of scares me. What I discovered, that is truly fabulous, was right on the self at my friendly, neighborhood, Target. Sally Hansen's Vanilla Lavender All Day Foot Spray. Not only does it have a yummy, non-medicinal smell, it stops the sopping sweating mess that are my feet, with a very natural ingredient and antiseptic: tea tree oil. I not only use this product on the bottom of my feet, but also in my socks and shoes, and sometimes even my gym bag.

My only tip/trick for this product would be to be very careful of not letting the spray coat newly polished toes, as it dulls the shine off the top coat quickly. To protect my pedi, before spraying, I rub or brush a little Solar Oil onto each of my little piggies...baby oil would work in a pinch as well.

No comments: