Friday, September 26, 2008

Sometimes our purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others...

Came in to work (yes, I'm posting at work...shh...don't tell the boss lady), this morning to this lovely email from my SIL, N with the subject line reading: Topic for your blog. Prevage

After reading, I can't help but post...poor N...let this be a lesson to all of us, even good, over-hyped, products can turn on us. Yes, even the ones that have "proven results". Caution is key when trying anything new. Below is her review, ahem, email.

OMG
I am sitting here with my face ON FIRE...in a puffy rash & hives. Oh yeah. my neck too.
And apparently it doesn't go away for 5 days!!!! I get on a plane on saturday for work! DAMMIT
If you'd like the rest of my rash in a bottle, you are welcome to it.
I don't even know if I can get an appt at a derma tomorrow...uuurrggghhh.
I'm pretty. I guess my face is so puffy & red you can't see wrinkles..???


Thanks for sacrificing yourself in the name of beauty, N! I and all the other women of world who have had to hold their head, or hair, up high while suffering through a beauty disaster salute you!

If anyone has suggestions on how to help N get on her flight tomorrow red-inflamed-hived-face free please leave me a comment.

2 comments:

Meghan said...

Oh poor poor N! I've seen that face... no need for this product!

http://beauty.about.com/b/2007/04/19/elizabeth-ardens-prevage-must-buy-or-all-hype.htm#gB3

Confessions of a Makeup Whore and Product Junkie said...

Wow--thanks for the link Meg!