Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mother's little helpers

To say the least, at this time in my life mornings, (and usually days and nights), are chaos. I get up earlier than everyone else in the house yet for some reason still only have about 30seconds to pull my self together before I head out the door for the school drop off and then to work. The following products are my life savers and a must for any multi-tasking moma on the go:

Tinted moisturizer - I'm partial to Bobbi Brown and Laura Mercier, but have recently developed a fondness for Remede's Translucent UV Coat. Why tinted moisturizer instead of foundation? It's something that's easily slathered on, and when I say slather, I mean slather. It's a sheer to light coverage that you don't have to worry about messing up or over doing and bonus-- I don't know a brand that doesn't come with an SPF 15 or higher so your doing double duty and protecting your skin while beautifying.


Lipstick Queen Oxymoron - This awesome matte gel formulation easily glides on lips, cheeks and eyes, giving you a fast shot of color to your face. My favorite color of the moment is Honest Politician, a subdued browny pink that gives off the "me, only better" vibe.


Sue Devit Eye Intensifier Pencil - On those day I don't have enough time for even a pale wash of shadow, let alone eyeliner, I use this chubby, velvety, smooth, pencil all over my lid and lower lash line. With a quick swipe of the built in smudger I have an instantly modern pulled together eye look. Surat, a bronzey taupe with just a hint of violet, is by far my favorite color for everyday.


And that's it...a swipe of mascara and I'm out the door...usually forgeting something that I will eventually remember 10 minutes into my commute...of course.




No comments: